Join Our Team
We are currently seeking someone for an Associate Advisor role on our dynamic advisory team.
About the Firm
We are a mission-driven wealth management firm that provides engaging financial planning and investment management for a diverse client base of individuals, families, and organizations. Since 2005 we’ve helped our clients protect and grow their assets in a way that accomplishes their goals and aligns with their values. At North Berkeley, we emphasize relationships and a deep commitment to the well-being of our clients, staff, and communities.
About the Role
The Associate Advisor role is intended to have one overarching responsibility, which is to learn to lead client relationships. After becoming familiar with our processes, software tools, and role differentiations, the Associate Advisor will be in client meetings in partnership with a Lead Advisor. They will work closely with that Lead Advisor in strategizing for clients, preparing for and participating in client meetings, preparing financial planning analyses and presenting them to clients, developing portfolio knowledge and investment communication, and furthering their ability to manage relationships with a client.
When Associate Advisors eventually progress into a Lead Advisor role, their first lead responsibilities will be with our existing clients. The time spent as an Associate Advisor provides the foundation for building genuine and trust-based relationships with those clients, setting the stage for a comfortable transition down the road.
- We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our collaborative team, with the goal of building their career from a support role to a lead advisor role over a period of 2-5 years
- This person will coordinate with other team members and external professionals to design and implement financial and investment plans on behalf of clients
- The ideal candidate will be prepared to support a broad range of current client relationships in collaboration with three different lead advisors
- Meet with prospective clients as part of an advisor team. Experience with business development is a plus, but not a requirement
- Industry experience at RIA or investment firm a plus
- All candidates will be expected to pursue the CFP® certification. We will support the right candidate to get underway or to complete a CFP® certification that is in process.
- Other related credentials are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to take ownership of work role and responsibilities
- Demonstrated passion for high‐touch client service
- Familiarity with or interest in ESG investing is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Base compensation and bonus will be discussed with qualified candidates.
- 401k plan with 3% guaranteed firm contributions and additional company discretionary profit sharing contribution.
- Fully paid medical benefits for employee and all dependents through Kaiser Permanente, Delta Dental. Employee premiums for LTD insurance as a taxable benefit paid by North Berkeley.
- Payment for classes and study materials for professional education.
- Three weeks of paid-time-off, ten market holidays, and forty hours of service time off
- Collaborative and fun work environment
North Berkeley Wealth Management values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an email to email@example.com
All applicants must provide a cover letter and resume. References will be requested for qualified applicants in later stages of the hiring process.