Join Our Team
We are currently seeking someone for a Lead Advisor role on our dynamic advisory team.
About the Firm
We are a mission-driven wealth management firm that provides engaging financial planning and investment management for a diverse client base of individuals, families, and organizations. Since 2005 we’ve helped our clients protect and grow their assets in a way that accomplishes their goals and aligns with their values. At North Berkeley, we emphasize relationships and a deep commitment to the well-being of our clients, staff, and communities.
About the Role
- We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our advisor team with the ability to lead and support existing client relationships
- This person will coordinate with other team members and external professionals to implement financial plans on behalf of clients
- Meet with prospective clients as part of an advisor team. Experience with business development is a plus, but not a requirement.
- The ideal candidate will be able to lead client meetings shortly after integration on the team and provide an experience that helps the client feel supported, known, and calm about their financial landscape.
- Be an active mentor and mentee within our firm. We have a collaborative team culture with cross-training and mentorship built into our work.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant industry experience at RIA or investment firm
- CFP® required, or demonstrated progress toward acquiring the CFP®. Other credentials are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to take ownership of work role and responsibilities
- Demonstrated passion in high‐touch client service
- Familiarity with or interest in ESG investing is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Base compensation and bonus will be discussed with qualified candidates.
- 401k plan with 3% guaranteed firm contributions and additional company discretionary profit sharing contribution.
- Fully paid medical benefits for employee and all dependents through Kaiser Permanente, Delta Dental. Employee premiums for LTD insurance paid by North Berkeley.
- Payment for classes and study materials for professional education.
- Three weeks of paid-time-off, ten market holidays, and forty hours of service time off
- Collaborative and fun work environment
North Berkeley Wealth Management values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an email to email@example.com
All applicants must provide a cover letter and resume. References will be requested for qualified applicants in later stages of the hiring process.